We promote Bicycle riding activities serving to all riders from both campus and surrounding community. Those campaign wish to support not only carbon emission reduction but also health promotion with creative solution. Over the last decade, KMUTT create the passion for walk and bike society through following activities:
- Internal activities ( cooperation from student organizations and clubs )
- KMUTT Green Bike Club
- Bike Friday
- Saturday Ride Fever
- External activities ( cooperation between local governments and private sectors )
- KMUTT Bangmod-Bangkhunthien Traditional bike trip (since 2013-2020)
- Car Free day
- Bangkok-Huahin Long Bicycle Trip
- Bangmod-Rachaburi Bicycle Trip
Traditional bike trips
- KMUTT Bangmod-Bangkhunthien Traditional Bike Trip arranges by KMUTT cooperate with Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and KMUTT alumni. This activity has a purpose to Tradition Bike Trip arranges by KMUTT and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to joint health sustainable cycling for health and global warming together and planning mangroves with Honor Queen’s Sirikit H.R.H. King Rama 9. From KMUTT Bangmod-Bangkhunthien Traditional Bike Trip Activity 5,165 student and staff joined. The total bicycle riding distance equal to 37 km, these activities can reduce carbon emission 46,629.14 kgCO2; help to burn Calories 6,306,465 kcal and ride reduce Benzene Fuel 18,986 litres.
- Bangmod-Rachaburi Bicycle Trip arranges by KMUTT Green bike club and KMUTT Rajchaburi Student alumni. This activity has a purpose to welcome new KMUTT Rajchaburi student and to promote KMUTT and KMUTT Rajchaburi student relation. From Bangmod-Rachaburi Bicycle Trip Activity, 172 student and staff joined. The total bicycle riding distance equal to 180 km, these activities can reduce carbon emission 3,755.24 kgCO2; help to burn Calories 442,580 kcal and ride reduce Benzene Fuel 1,116.66 litres.
- Car Free day, KMUTT is as a part of the activities for Bangkok Car Free Day by supporting a starting point of Bangkok Car Free day. This is to promote a riding bicycle in Bangkok and encourage people to use bicycle in lifestyle. From Car Free day Activity, 352 student and staff joined. The total bicycle riding distance equal to 80 km, these activities can reduce carbon emission 6,832 kgCO2; help to burn Calories 924,000 kcal and ride reduce Benzene Fuel 2,333.33 litres.
- Bangkok-Huahin Long bicycle Trip is 200 km from Bangkok along south-west part of Thailand to Huahin. This trip is a great way to see and experience the other side of Thailand. From Bangkok-Huahin Long bicycle Trip Activity, 4,542 student and staff joined. The total bicycle riding distance equal to 200 km, these activities can reduce carbon emission 220,541.35 kgCO2; help to burn Calories 29,827,314 kcal and ride reduce Benzene Fuel 75,321.50 litres.
Cycle to recycle campaign
Cycle to recycle campaign is one activity which support the bicycle riding in our Bike Share system .This Cycle to Recycle project has been set up and supported by Coca Cola (Thailand) Co .Ltd since March 2014.The aim of this project is to corporate the riding activities with recycle activities. We decide to choose aluminum can and drinking water bottle as a recycle materials for this campaign. Cycle to Recycle help to promote the students and staff to concern on recycle aluminum can and drinking water bottle . This Cycle to Recycle Campaign need our student and staff who want to use bicycle sharing service , have to deposited aluminum can and drinking water bottle for redeem points and use the deposited point redeem for using bicycle sharing service in our university. This activity help to promote bicycle riding and recycle activity in our university to make our university green & clean
kmutt green bike club
KMUTT Green Bike Club is one of KMUTT student club which are informal formed since 2005 with a passion for cycling and actively promotes creative solutions to environmentally challenging issues and health promotion. The club has been formal launched in 2013 with more than 6,421 members of students and 755 of staff. All members of the University community are eligible for club membership and are invited and encouraged to participate in all club activities. The KMUTT Green Bike Club promotes Bike share for Free Campaign with KMUTT Green bike and Zombike , a recycle bike from donated old bikes &bike accessories from Recyclable Bike Accessories Center which repaired by club members to get back riding. KMUTT Green bike club offers self-services on bike repairing, free mechanical assistance to members as well. Their activities are mainly in community projects and environmental conservation. It is proudly to be one of student club which are working to help people help themselves lead healthy, eco-friendly lives in KMUTT and surround communities.
- Green Heart riding to trees planting
- Saturday Ride Fever
- Bike Friday
WIN JAKAYAN, (BICYCLE TAXI)
Win jukayan or Bicycle Taxi is one of our activity to energy conservation, decrease global warming gas and health promotion for all in our university, to carry student and staff from university main entrance to Department or Faculty, this is innovation service from Green Bike Club and Green Heart Club students. The bicycle rider, who is volunteer activity not only help to promote bike usage in our university, but also, to meet a new friends. Bicycle taxi has knowledge sticker/ media poster behind a bicycle shirt for teaching about global warming and climate change. The bicycle taxi has been implemented according to KMUTT transportation policy and expand our system to surround communities and make sustainability for all in KMUTT. Therefore, it can be used as the model for raising the awareness of conscious energy usage for the public.